How Your Grades are Figured at CAS
Percentage Key for 1st through 12th Grade
- 100% – 90 = A (Exellent)
- 89% – 80% = B (Above Average)
- 79% – 79% = C (Average)
- 69% – 60% = D (Below Average)
- 59%-0% = F (Failed)
Where do these percents come from? Below is how to figure your grades
The teachers will do the following three steps to figure the weekly averages in most classes. Art Elementary Computer, P.E Handwriting, Music and a few others only meet on or two times a weekly so seach teacher will need to explain to you how they will be grading in that subject area.
Assignments will be added into two different groups giving each student two assignment grades per week each of the two assignment grades will be 15% of therir total score for the weekly average.
Teacher gave four assignment this week
- He/she will add two together to get assignment i grade
- He/she will then divide those by two to get the averagethat the student got on these two assignments.
- Next he/she will times the average by 15% and recorder this score on the grade sheet as assignment I.
- He/she will then take the other two assignments and repeat numbers 1 – 3 for assignment II.
Note : Sometimes the assignments and/or weekly test will be reports or projects.
Weekly test/quizzes will be 70% of the weekly total score.
The students will be tested weekly on materials they have already learned to help them remember the important objectives for each subject. The score on this test will be figured into the percentage of right answers given by the student out of 199%. This percentage will then be times by 70%. That answer will be recorded into the teacher’s grading book.
The two different grouped assignments percents will be added together along with the weekly test scores and the total score of the three areas will be the wekly average grade for that subject.
Example 1 :
- Assignment I was 15%
- Assignment II was 15%
- Test/quiz was 70%
- Total for the week would be 100%
Example 2 (If your scores were as follows)
- Assignment I was 10%
- Assignment II was 8%
- Test/ quiz was 50%
- Then your weekly total would be 68%
Mid Term Average Will be figured as follows :
All weeks will be added together and then divided by the number of weeks since the last report card was issued. There is usually four or five weeks in each mid – term.
1st & 3rd Quarter Grades will be figured as follows :
Add weekly averages and divide by the total number of weeks in the quarter. Take this percentage and times it by add 75% of the weekly averages to the 25% of the quarterly test score this figure will make the quarter grade for first or third quarter.
2nd & 4th Quarter Grades will be figured as follows :
Add weekly averages and divide by the total number of weeks in the quarter. Take this percentage and times it by 70%. Then the teacher will take the percentages score from the quarter test and times it by 30%. Next he/she will add 70% of the weekly averages to the 30% of the quarterly test score this figure will make the quarter grade for second or fourth quarter.
1st Semester average wil be figured as follows :
Add 1stand 2nd quarter averages for each subject and divide that score by tow. Then record it into the grade book as the 1st Semester grade.
2nd Semester average will be figured as follows :
Add 3rd and 4th quarter averages for each subject and divide that score by two. Then record your answer into the grade book as the 1st Semester grade.
Elementary & Middle Yearly Grades :
Add 1st semester and 2nd semester percentages from the Report Cards together for each subject and then divide that amount by two to get the yearly grade.
High School Yearly Grades :
High School does not have yearly grades.
High School Semester Grades :
Each Subject is divided into semester grades and must be passed each semester or that semester of that subject must be repeated to get the credit for that subject. See above how each semester grage is figured.
To be on the any honor roll you may not have any failing grades in any subject during that grading that grading period.
- “A” Honor Rollf : The teacher will add all the subjects and divide by the number of subjects, if the average is 90% or above you are on the “A” Honor roll for that quarter.
- “B” Honor Rollf : The teacher will add all the subjects and divide by the number of subjects, if the average is 80% or above you are on the “A” Honor roll for that quarter.
“A or B” Honor Roll Awards :
- 1st Quarter, 3rd Quarter and 2nd Semester will be givent by the homeroom teacher in their classroom.
- 1st Semester will be given out during morning flag raising by the Registrar and the homeroom teacher